Get your hearts racing and your mind boggling by booking Motiongate tickets. A family day at the region’s biggest Hollywood-inspired theme park will transport you to a magical land of filmmaking and storytelling.
Embrace the thrills on action-packed rides and go behind the scenes to discover insider secrets from the innovative world of movies. Then meet your favorite characters and get into the tinsel town spirit during interactive live shows.
How much do Motiongate tickets cost?
There are two types of Motiongate tickets available – a Day Ticket and an Annual Pass.
The Day Ticket includes admission to all zones in Motiongate.
- Anyone over 3 years: AED 275 ($75)
- Under 3s: Free
The Annual Pass includes discounts in restaurants and stores inside the park. The VIP Annual Pass comes with extra bonuses like valet parking, free four park day passes, and a nanny pass.
- Standard Annual Pass: AED 395 ($108)
- VIP Annual Pass: AED 995 ($270)
If you want to skip the queues for rides and attractions, you may like to consider purchasing the Q-Fast Pass which is valid alongside your Day Pass.
- Skip the Queues Pass: AED 150 ($41)
If you live in the UAE and want to bring along your nanny to help with the kids, a discounted ticket is available. Make sure you bring your Emirates ID.
- Nanny Ticket: AED 50 ($14)
What are the best Motiongate tours?
There are no specific tours inside Motiongate, simply because you do not need one! Finding your way around is super easy, and there are always friendly team members around should you need directions.
Exploring independently really is the best way to explore Motiongate, allowing you to wander through the different movie-themed zones at your own pace. Motiongate tickets are valid for the whole day, so there is no rush.
If you would like to see more of what Dubai has to offer, a combination tour is the way to go. These are perfect if you want to see as much as possible in a limited time period. The most popular tour options are listed in the section below, and each one includes Motiongate entry.
Are there any combined tickets or tours including Motiongate and other attractions?
Combined tickets are a great way to enjoy multiple attractions during your visit to Dubai. Here are some of the best combo tours that include Motiongate tickets:
- Motiongate and Legoland: explore two parks in one day and enjoy over 100 rides and attractions, as well as interactive live shows.
- Motiongate with Bollywood and Legoland: enjoy three mega theme parks packed with blockbuster movies, Lego rides, and a whole lot of dancing.
- Lapita Hotel with Motiongate, plus Green Planet or Laguna Waterpark: this combined ticket includes a hotel night as well as entry to an indoor rainforest or movie theme park.
Should you book Motiongate tickets in advance?
Yes! It is always a good idea to book Motiongate tickets before you arrive in Dubai, as this is one of the most popular attractions in the city.
Booking in advance will ensure tickets are not sold out on your day of choice. Plus, you can reserve skip-the-line passes and be the envy of your fellow visitors.
What will you see inside Motiongate?
Be transported back to the Golden age of Hollywood as you venture into the world of movies at Studio Central. Stroll around New York City film sets and go behind the scenes of a working studio, discovering the tricks of the trade.
For fantasies that never get old, head over to the Smurfs Village and meet the magical folk living in this fairytale land. Be amazed by colorful mushroom houses and watch live shows at the Playhouse. It will be tough to drag the kids away from the immersive play zones, but there is still so much to explore.
Jump into the heart of the action in the adventurous world of Columbia Pictures with its seven movie-themed rides. Battle the Lycans in the supernatural Underworld and join forces with the Ghostbusters to rescue New York from evil clutches.
Over in the DreamWorks movie theme park, you will discover enchanting lands based on film classics like Madagascar, Shrek, and Kung Fu Panda. Hang on tight as you ride the twists and turns on roller coasters, before chilling out at the multimedia theater.
Finish your day on a Panem aerial tour at the World of the Hunger Games in Lionsgate, and applaud the energetic performances at the spectacular Step Up Dubai show.
Where is Motiongate located?
Motiongate is situated in the Dubai Parks and Resorts area. The best way to get there is by taxi, which takes around 25 minutes from the marina area. If you have a car, free parking is available on arrival.
Some Motiongate tour deals include free transfers from downtown Dubai.
When is the best time to visit Motiongate?
Avoid the long queues for rides by arriving when the park gates open in the morning. Or come later in the afternoon when the crowds will have dwindled a little. Fridays and Saturdays are generally the busiest days.
What are the Motiongate opening hours?
Motiongate is open 365 days a year during the following hours:
- Saturday – Wednesday: 11 AM – 8 PM
- Thursday – Friday: 11 AM – 9 PM
Which other theme parks can be visited in Dubai?
- Miracle Garden – admire the dazzling array of colors in the world’s biggest floral park, and discover castles, tunnels, and even Mickey Mouse.
- Dubai Aquarium – encounter curious fish and acrobatic marine mammals in this famous aquarium inside Dubai Mall.
- Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark – ride the waves in giant pools and muster your courage for thrilling water chutes at this family theme park.
- Dubai Dolphinarium – if you love dolphins and enjoy watching the antics of seals, this theatrical wildlife show is for you.
- IMG Worlds of Adventure – hang on for a wild ride at the largest indoor theme park in Dubai and meet your favorite cartoon characters.
- Wild Wadi Water Park – squeal in delight as you plunge down slides and take on the rapids at this Arabian-themed aqua park.
- Yas Waterworld – daring adventurers will love conquering the giant flumes and nail-biting rides at this water park near Abu Dhabi.
- Ferrari World – feel the thrills of driving a Ferrari and race your friends at this world-class motor attraction.
- Ski Dubai – practice your turns as you glide down the powdery slopes at the chilled-out indoor ski center.
- Garden Glow – enter a mystical kingdom of enchanting art illuminations in this unique sculpture park.
- Tickets: Motiongate tickets can be printed at home or shown on your cell phone or tablet at the entrance gate. Take some ID along with your ticket.
- Dress modestly: keep local culture in mind when dressing and avoid wearing revealing attire.
- Height restrictions: there are height restrictions on some rides.
- Children: kids under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Photographs: your picture will be taken on some of the rides – photos will be available to purchase afterwards.
- Food and drink: this cannot be brought in from outside the park.