Take advantage of your visit to Las Vegas to experience a fantastic hot air balloon ride. Few places in the United States are equipped for hot air ballooning and it is even more rare to be able to do so over a natural landscape like the one found outside in Las Vegas. Read all the information you need to prepare your hot air balloon ride in Las Vegas.
Where can you take a hot air balloon ride in Las Vegas?
The area where you can take off in a hot air balloon in Las Vegas is near the town of Pahrump, about 60 miles from La Vegas. You can admire the panorama of Pahrump Valley, but not the Las Vegas Strip.
How can I get there?
Don't worry about making your way to Pahrump, as transportation from Las Vegas to the take-off location is included in the tour price. You will only have to go to the meeting point indicated by the tour operator.
What to expect on a Las Vegas hot air balloon ride?
The day begins with a meeting with the tour operator at the meeting point in Las Vegas. To get there from your hotel, you can book a taxi or book a shuttle provided by the tour operator for $ 20.
Depart from Las Vegas in the direction of the balloon launch area in Pahrump. The journey takes just over an hour. Once in Pahrump, the guide gives you all the safety instructions while the operators inflate the balloon.
The balloon flight lasts from 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the weather conditions and the group. Fly over the Pahrump Valley and take in the desert panorama with extraordinary 360 views.
After landing, a glass of champagne and a flight certificate will be offered before returning to Las Vegas.
How much does a Las Vegas hot air balloon ride cost?
A hot air balloon ride in Las Vegas costs around $ 190 per person. Sometimes, online sellers operate discounts, so it's useful to compare prices online. There may also be a difference in price between the sunrise balloon flight and the sunset flight.
Is it safe to go ballooning in Las Vegas?
Yes, it is safe to ride a hot air balloon. The most significant risk is due to weather conditions: in fact, if the weather conditions are not perfect, flights are canceled.
What restrictions are there for participants on a Las Vegas hot air balloon ride?
The balloon flight is forbidden for people who are not in a moderate physical shape adequate to climb into the balloon basket and exit quickly in case of an emergency landing.
People weighing more than 280 lbs (125 kilograms) must notify the tour operator in advance to find out if they can participate. Hot air balloons can carry about 8 people plus a pilot, but clearly, the number of participants depends on the people's weight.
The flight is not recommended for people with heart problems, serious health problems, pregnant women and people with back pain.
The activity is not wheelchair accessible.
It is recommended that at least one person in your group speaks English.
What is the minimum age to fly a hot air balloon in Las Vegas?
Children must be at least 6 years old to board a hot air balloon.
How to dress for a hot air balloon flight in Las Vegas?
Wearing comfortable shoes with a good fit is the only mandatory clothing requirement to participate in a hot air balloon flight in Las Vegas.
It is recommended to dress in layers as it can get cold early in the morning at high altitudes and quickly warm up during the flight. Besides, it may be useful to bring a hat, as the residual heat from the balloon burner can be slightly annoying if you are sensitive to heat.
How long does a Las Vegas balloon ride last?
A hot air balloon ride lasts from 1 to 1.5 hours. The tour lasts 5 or 6 hours in total, as you have to consider the time for transportation from Las Vegas to Pahrump and preparation.
What is the best time to take a hot air balloon ride in Las Vegas?
It is possible to take a hot air balloon ride in Las Vegas in all seasons. In winter, it can get slightly cold in the early morning, but it is still possible to fly in a hot air balloon.
The two best moments of the day are certainly sunrise and sunset. You can see beautiful colors in the sky and get stunning photographs.
What happens in case of bad weather?
In case of bad weather, the activity is canceled and the paid amount is fully refunded. It is important to note that, sometimes, the weather conditions may change shortly before the flight, and therefore the activity can be canceled shortly before. We recommend that you always call the tour operator the evening before the activity to make sure about the weather.
What other outdoor activities can you do in Las Vegas?
In addition to hot air balloon rides, dozens of outdoor activities can be enjoyed in Las Vegas. Here are the most popular:
- Helicopter tours. Fly over the illuminated Strip on a helicopter tour or take a day trip to the Grand Canyon landing near the Skywalk. There are also exciting sunset helicopter tours.
- ATV tours. If you love experiencing off-road adrenaline moments, try riding a quad bike on the trails of Eldorado Canyon or the Mojave Desert.
- Airplane tours. Take off on a scenic flight over the Grand Canyon and land at the South Rim or North Rim to continue the exploration on the ground.
- Kayaking. Go on a kayaking adventure to discover the emerald caves in Black Canyon.
- Rafting. If you are a rafting lover or would like to try it for the first time, the Colorado River and Grand Canyon offer you a great opportunity.
- Horseback riding. Choose to visit the deserts of Nevada or the Red Rock Canyon with a pleasant horse ride at sunset.
- Driving sports cars. If you want to experience driving a sports car on the track, like a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche, hit the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for an adrenaline rush.
Here are some travel tips for the hot air balloon ride in Las Vegas.
- Remember to call the tour operator the night before to ensure the weather conditions are favorable for the flight.
- Book early as there are only a few seats available per day for a hot air balloon ride.
- Remember to bring your camera to take incredible panoramic photos.
- Dress in layers so that you are ready for temperature changes.