Set in a rainforest environment, the Singapore Zoo first opened its doors in 1973. Housing more than 2,500 animals from 315 species, kids and adults alike will find plenty to get excited about. From monkeys to elephants, admire animals from all parts of the planet.
Regarded as one of the world's top-rated zoos, the Singapore Zoo attracts over two million visitors each year with its nearly 70 acres of space open to the public. The Singapore Zoo is the perfect attraction for family bonding in Singapore.
Singapore is also home to three other Zoological parks, all managed by the Wildlife Reserves Singapore: River Safari, Night Safari and Jurong Bird Park.
How much do Singapore Zoo tickets cost?
There are different ways to visit Singapore Zoo whether you simply want general admission to the animal park or some of its other features.
Standard Singapore Zoo ticket
The standard ticket prices for basic entry to the Singapore Zoo.
- Adult: S$ 39 (US$29)
- Child (3-12): S$ 26 (US $20)
- Senior (60+): S$ 18 (US $14)
There is more to see in the area than just the Singapore Zoo. Multi-Park tickets get you access to different zoological parks, including the River Safari, the Night Safari and the Jurong Bird Park.
It is valid for seven days from your initial visit, and permits one-time access to each park included in the pass:
2-Park ticket - Singapore Zoo + River Safari
The ticket permits entry to the Singapore Zoo and River Safari.
- Adult: S$ 65 (US$ 48)
- Child (3-12): S$ 43 (US$ 32)
2-Park ticket - Singapore Zoo + Jurong Bird Park
The ticket permits entry to the Singapore Zoo and Jurong Bird Park.
- Adult: S$ 65 (US$ 48)
- Child (3-12): S$ 43 (US$ 32)
2-Park ticket - Singapore Zoo + Night Safari
The pass permits entry to the Singapore Zoo and Night Safari.
- Adult: S$ 75 (US $56)
- Child (3-12): S$ 53 (US $40)
4-Park ticket - Singapore Zoo + River Safari + Night Safari + Jurong Bird Park
The package includes admission to the Singapore Zoo, River Safari, Night Safari, and Jurong Bird Park.
- Adult: S$ 85 (US $63)
- Child (3-12): S$ 63 (US $47)
ParkHopper Plus 4-Park ticket
The package includes tram rides at Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari, and Singapore Zoo. Other perks of the ParkHopper Plus Package include the Wild Animal Carousel ride at Singapore Zoo, the Amazon River Quest and Reservoir Cruise rides at River Safari and the admission to Rainforest Lumina at Singapore Zoo.
- Adult: S$ 105 (US$ 78)
- Child (3-12): S$ 83 (US$ 62)
How do you book cheap Singapore Zoo tickets?
Singapore Zoo tickets are available through the official website or online travel agencies such as Viator or Getyourguide. If you are on a budget and you want to save on the entrance fee, we strongly recommend you to use our search engine. You can compare prices and find the best deal that will save you on cost and time queuing for at the ticket office.
Are there any Singapore Zoo guided tours? Are they worth it?
There are several guided tours available at the Singapore Zoo. Tickets for a guided tour offer numerous benefits:
- Special access to parts of the Singapore Zoo not open to the general public.
- Convenience as you purchase the tickets in advance and know your arrival time for the tour.
- The opportunity to ask questions to a knowledgeable guide and learn more about the zoo.
- Opportunities to get more personal and intimate looks at animals, some of which are very rare.
What will I see?
The Singapore Zoo contains nearly 70 acres of wildlife. Despite opening in the early-1970s, the zoo has maintained a modern way of displaying animals since its creation. Therefore, most of the wildlife on display are featured in open exhibits designed to replicate their natural habitat.
Several of the exhibits feature hidden barriers, glass, or moats to separate animals from visitors. As a result, visitors are treated to a very personal and intimate look with wildlife. The Singapore Zoo features 315 species and close to 3,000 animals. Many of the animals are considered threatened species and are hard to find elsewhere. The zoo also contains the largest captive colony of orangutans in the world.
Are Singapore Zoo tickets included in any attractions city passes?
Access to the zoo is included through the Singapore City Pass. The Singapore City Pass is available in 2, 3, or 5-day packages. The city pass can save you money on individual ticket prices and is a convenient way to see multiple attractions in Singapore for long-term stays.
The Iventure Card also include the Singapore Zoo. You may save up to 45% on Singapore's top attractions, tours, restaurants and other fun activities.
What is the best time to visit the Singapore Zoo? How to avoid the crowd?
The Singapore Zoo is open daily yet tends to get busier crowds on weekends and holidays where more people have the time off from work. We suggest visiting the Singapore Zoo when the gates first open at 9 am. It will provide you with plenty of time to see the park and avoid less crowds. The zoo reaches its peak visitors from 1 - 3 pm.
What are the Singapore Zoo opening hours?
The Singapore Zoo is open every day of the year. The zoo opens its gates at 8:30 am. It closes its gates at 6 pm with final entry at 5:30 pm. The Rainforest Kidzworld is open daily from 9 am - 6 pm. The wet play area does close at 5:30 pm.
- Book Singapore Zoo tickets in advance: It is not only ultra-convenient but you may save on standard ticket prices. Purchasing tickets online can save you between 10-20%. The savings are even higher with combined tickets.
- There are many different ways to get around the zoo. The Singapore Zoo offers tram rides, strollers, wagons, and electric scooters.
- Lockers are available for personal storage. The lockers start at S$ 5 for the first three hours (S$ 1 for every additional hour).
- The zoo is primarily an outdoor feature. So make sure you have plenty of sunscreen, water, insect repellent, and rain gear for occasional downpours. It helps to plan your trip in advance for the most enjoyable experience.