Visit the magnificent Alhambra in Granada on a full-day trip from Seville. Discover the palace where the sultans lived in the past, explore the Moorish salons, courtyards, pavilions, and its beautiful gardens. Wander through the Alhambra complex on a guided tour and visit the other attractions such as the Nasrid Palaces, the Alcazaba, and the Generalife.
Listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Alhambra is one of the most beautiful architectural marvels in the world and a must-see attraction for any traveler visiting the Andalusia region.
The Alhambra is the most visited monument in Spain and one one of the most important historical sites in Europe. Learn more about Alhambra day trips from Seville to make your journey hassle-free!
What will I see?
In its dreamy hilltop setting, the Alhambra has originally been constructed as a small fortress in the year 889 on the remains of Roman fortifications.
Later on, in the 13th century, it became the royal residence and court of Granada after the establishment of the Arab Nasrid Kingdom. Several palaces were built and monuments like the Generalife Gardens and the Courtyard of the Lions were added to the fortress. The Alhambra became a Christian court in 1492 when the Catholic Monarchs conquered Granada. Military barracks, a church and a monastery were built.
During its prime, the Alhambra had three main sections: the Alcazaba (a military base), the palatial zone which contained several palaces, and the Medina where court officials lived.
The Alhambra is now listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site, along with two other related sites: the Albaicín and the Generalife Garden. The complex is surrounded by defensive walls including 30 towers and spanning nearly 26 acres.
The Alhambra is considered as one of the most exquisite jewels on Spain’s crown. Its unique architecture, which mixes different styles from Moorish to Renaissance, is a testimony of the rich region’s history.
What kind of Alhambra tours from Seville are available? How much does it cost?
If you wish to go on a day trip and book a tour to visit the Alhambra from Seville, you may either decide to join a small group tour or book a private tour.
Those tours include return trip from your hotel in Seville to Granada, tickets for the different attractions of the Alhambra (Nasrid Palaces, Alcazaba, and Generalife), and a guided tour with an expert guide. Meals are usually optional.
Small group tours start at 120 € up to 150 € depending on the type of services. Private tours are more expensive, plan around 200 € per person with a minimum of 4 travelers.
There are a lot of travel websites offering Alhambra day trips from Seville. Use our search engine and compare all the deals available for your desired date. Compare prices and inclusions, and pick the one that fit best your needs. Make sure to book in advance as the Alhambra is very famous and often sold out.
Are Alhambra guided tours from Seville worth it?
Yes, absolutely. Booking an Alhambra guided tour from Seville offers many advantages.
- Transportation is included. No need to worry about how to get to Granada from Seville.
- Tickets are booked in advance. Your tickets are already reserved. The Alhambra is very often sold out. Booking a guided tour is a great way to make sure to have your tickets booked in advance.
- Enjoy skip the line access. Follow your tour guide and head straight inside the Alhambra. No need to queue up under the sun for hours.
- Learn more thanks to your tour guide. You can ask as many questions that come to mind. Don't spend your time googling every ten minutes.
If you are going to Granada by other transportation means, you can reserve a guided tour of the Alhambra starting in Granada.
How to get to the Alhambra from Seville? How long does it take?
A day trip to visit the Alhambra from Seville will take you the full day. Granada is situated 260 km away from Seville. You can either travel by car, by bus or by train. Even though traveling by train is much more comfortable compared to traveling by car, it is also slower. Count around 2 hours and 30 minutes if you travel by car, over 3 hours if you decide to travel by train.
Once in Granada, if you travel by bus or by train, you will need to catch either a taxi or a bus from the bus/train station to reach the Alhambra.
If you are not traveling on a tight budget, we strongly recommend you to book a tour from Seville. Your tour guide will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. No need to worry about transportation.
If your spending some days in Málaga, another option to visit the Alhambra is booking an Alhambra tour from Málaga.
What is the best time to visit the Alhambra?
Alhambra is a sight worth seeing any time of the year, but especially when the temperatures are warm. Unfortunately, the spring and summer are also the busiest times of the year. You can still have a great time in the winter, and deal with less people as a result. Regardless, the Alhambra is one of the most popular attractions in Spain so completely avoiding crowds is nearly impossible.
- Book an excursion from Seville is hassle-free. Transportation is included and your tickets are secured.
- Plan well ahead of time. The Alhambra is immensely popular, and tickets sell out fast. So, don’t hesitate to book your tour ASAP!
- Set aside plenty of time. The Alhambra takes at least a few hours to see. Most visitors easily spend a half-day, if not full day at the site.
- Although the Alhambra is the city’s main attraction, Granada has much to offer. Don't hesitate to spend a couple of hours visiting the city center.
- Don't forget to bring your camera, sunscreen and a hat.