On dry land, Cairns is surrounded by vast mountain ranges and lush rainforests full of tropical vegetation and exotic wilderness creatures. With a place that’s so rich with places to visit and things to see, it can be hard to decide on the perfect activity!
But if you are looking for a way to take in all of Cairns’ natural beauty while enjoying a bit of a thrill at the same time, there’s probably no better option than to climb to the top of Australia’s first and only purpose built bungee tower to take in it all in before flying down into it secured to a zip-line.
Don’t wait, book your zip-line tour in Cairns today, stop daydreaming, and start living out your tropical vacation fantasy in style!
Where does ziplining in Cairns take place?
The bungee jumping tower is located 20 minutes north of Cairns in the heart of Queensland’s lush rainforest. It’s from the top of this tower that all bungee jumping, zip-lining, and forest swinging activities in Cairns take place. Best of all, you’ll get picked up right from your hotel and dropped back off after the activity is complete, so you don’t even need to worry about trying to find your way!
What other activities are available when zip-lining in Cairns?
Zip-lining in Cairns can be a thrilling and exhilarating experience, and what’s great about it is that it doesn’t last very long, so you’ve still got plenty of time to go off and explore the rainforest or the beaches once you’ve taken the plunge. However, if you’re in the mood for even more thrills, why not stick around and go bungee jumping a few times?
Bungee Jumping in Cairns, Australia
Zip-lining is definitely fun, and it’s definitely exhilarating, but the main thing to do at Australia’s bungee tower is, well, bungee jump! Thrill as you look over a menu that includes no less than 16 different types of jumps, and go back again and again as long as your time hasn’t run out. Come away with commemorative t-shirts and an authentic certificate of completion that you’ll be able to use to brag to your friends for many dinner parties to come.
How much zip lining in Cairns cost?
For about AUD 130, you’ll be able to go zip-lining through the heart of Queensland’s magical rainforest. Whether you’re alone, with a partner, or with two other people, flexible packages exist with start times spread out all throughout the day.
For around AUD 300, you can add a full day of bungee jumping to that experience, meaning that you’ll be able to take as many jumps as you can physically fit into 6 hours.
In both cases, you’ll be picked up right from your hotel and dropped back off once the day is done, and you’ll have your hands full with souvenirs like t-shirts, a commemorative certificate, and plenty of other goodies!
When is the best time to go zip lining in Cairns?
The best time to do absolutely anything in Australia is between the months of May and September, which is winter time down under. During this time of year, temperatures are always perfect, hovering between 60 and 80 degrees, and it hardly ever rains.
On the other hand, during the summer months, it’s hot, sticky, there are bugs everywhere, and it rains all the time. Not exactly the ideal conditions for a dreamy tropical vacation!
The only downside to booking time in Australia in the winter is that it’s high tourist season, so you may have to deal with lineups and crowds, and you’ll certainly want to make sure you book any activity package well in advance and check in regularly with your provider to ensure availability and cement your itinerary.
- While the price of zip-lining in Cairns includes the ride, all the safety equipment, hotel pickup and drop-off, and commemorative video and tshirts, there may be extra costs necessary upon arrival for things like insurance fees and tips.
- The activity is only available in English, so if you or a travel companion aren’t fluent but would like to go bungee jumping anyway, it may be time to brush up on the local language.
- There’s a minimum individual weight requirement of 45k in order to go bungee jumping alone, and a minimum individual weight requirement of 55k in order to go ziplining alone.
- Hotel pickup times are available all morning and afternoon from 9 am all the way until 3 pm. Make sure to verify your time with your event coordinator and also make sure to be at the meeting spot at least 10 minutes ahead of time.
- The minimum age for bungee jumping and zip-lining in Australia is 10 years old, and anyone under the age of 18 will require a liability waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Remember to wear comfortable shoes and clothes to ensure the best possible experience.