Are you looking for the best ways to book Top of the Rock tickets online? Learn more about tickets price, how to find discounted tickets, how to skip the line, some useful travel tips and more. Go up to the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center and enjoy one of the most stunning views of New York City.
On this page, you will find a complete guide to getting tickets for the Top of the Rock in New York City, including:
Make sure you have a truly memorable time at this iconic attraction during your visit to New York City, and don’t miss out on any part of the Top of the Rock experience. Enjoy breathtaking views and take in the magnificent city skyline from one of the world’s most famous observation decks.
Are you ready to witness the stunning spectacle of NYC’s timeless skyline? Click on the following link if you wish to book Top of the Rock tickets right now.
How much do Top of the Rock tickets cost?
Tickets to visit the Top of the Rock vary depending on the specific option chosen. You may find below Top of the Rock tickets price.
- General admission tickets: ascend 70 floors into the sky and take in sweeping 360-degree city views from our three indoor and outdoor viewing decks.
Ticket prices: $38 (adult), $32 (children aged between 6 to 12 years old), $36 (senior aged over 62 years old), free (children below 6 years old).
- Sunset tickets: get a million-dollar view of New York City during sunset time. As sunset is the most popular time, there is an additional $10 per ticket.
Ticket prices: $48 (adult), $42 (children aged between 6 to 12 years old), $46 (senior aged over 62 years old), free (children below 6 years old).
- VIP tickets: skip the line and reach the top with elevator priority access. This ticket also includes 20% off all retail merchandise.
Ticket price: $85
- Sun & Stars tickets: visit Top of the Rock twice within 24 hours. Experience spectacular 360-degree views of NYC by day and night.
Ticket prices: $56 (adult), $45 (children aged between 6 to 12 years old), free (children below 6 years old).
- Rockefeller Center tour: with a local tour guide by your side, learn more about the rich history and beautiful architecture of the Rockfeller Center.
Ticket price: $25 (tour), $52 (tour + Top of the Rock admission ticket)
How do you book Top of the Rock tickets in advance?
You should aim to book online your Top of the Rock tickets ahead of time so you avoid waiting time at the entrance gate.
You can either book your Top of the Rock tickets online from the official site or from a travel website such as Viator or Getyourguide. It is best to compare prices between several providers before booking as discounted tickets are sometimes available and can save you some money.
Are there any combined tickets including Top of the Rock tickets and other attractions?
A combined ticket can be a great way to get the most out of your visit to the Top of the Rock and other attractions around New York City, with the chance to enjoy a great value trip and get the most out of your money.
Pair your trip to the Top of the Rock with another great feature to make sure you have a truly memorable time. There are a lot of combined tickets available. Compare all the deals and pick your preferred one.
What will you see?
The Top of the Rock is a six level observation deck, located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Originally opened in 1933, the attraction features incredible views across New York City. The observation decks are situated on the 67th, 69th and 70th floor of the skyscraper, and stand at over 850 feet above street level. You can experience 360 degree views over the city, across the Hudson and East River, as well as seeing many of the city’s landmarks, such as Central Park and the Empire State Building.
Upon your entrance to the building, one of the first attractions you’ll come across is the Joei Chandelier, a specially commissioned chandelier made up on over 14,000 crystals, hanging above the Grand Atrium. Inside, you can explore an exhibit in the Mezzanine, leading you through the history and stories behind the Rockefeller Center. You can also find a special documentary that describes more of the building’s history within the in-house Theatre.
To get to the upper decks, you’ll take the unique Sky Shuttle, a high speed elevator that takes you to the observation decks in less than 60 seconds. At the upper decks, you can take in the sights from 3 different levels, the last of which, on the 70th floor, is completely open air, giving an incredible experience overlooking the city. It’s also worth spending time on the lower decks too, where you can take in the history behind the famous Beam Walk photograph, as well as take in the fun games hidden around the floors.
Are Top of the Rock tickets included in any attraction city passes?
Fortunately, Top of Rock tickets are included in several New York City passes, including:
- Sightseeing Pass
- New York Pass
- NYC Explorer Pass
Please note that you will still need to reserve a timed ticket, either by selecting the next available slot at the time, or by booking a timed ticket in advance for your planned visit. If you want to know more about which attractions are included in the passes, read our guide about New York City passes.
What is the best time to visit the Top of the Rock? How can you avoid the crowd?
The Top of the Rock is busiest during the late afternoon and early evening, especially between 6 pm to 9 pm.
To avoid crowds and long waiting lines, it’s best to visit early in the morning, from 8 am to 10 am, or in the evening, after 10 pm.
What are the Top of the Rock opening hours?
The Top of the Rock is open seven days a week, from 8 am to midnight. Hours vary during some public holidays. On December 24th and December 31st, it is open from 8 am to 10 pm, and on January 1st, it is open from 10 am to 12.30 am. For all other public holidays, it is open as normal.
- The main entrance to the Top of the Rock is found on 50th Street, where you will see a red carpet. There is also a second entrance located at the concourse at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
- The Top of the Rock is open through all weather conditions, however during periods of extreme weather, some portions of the deck may be closed for safety purposes. During cloudy, foggy or rainy days, views from the deck may be extremely limited, so it is a good idea to check weather conditions before your visit, to plan ahead.
- When visiting the Top of the Rock, be aware that you are not permitted to visit the mezzanine level exhibit after going to the observation deck, due to crowd flow restrictions. To ensure you don’t miss out, make sure you go to the exhibit first.
- Some of the most impressive sights from The Top of the Rock are seeing Central Park, and the New York skyline lit up after dark. The best time to see this is close to sunset, where you can still the Central Park by daylight, before taking in the city as the sky darkens, and the area begins to light up.
- There are some restrictions on items that cannot be taken up to the observation deck. While strollers are allowed, they should be collapsible. Photography is permitted, but you are not allowed to take a tripod, or professional photography equipment. You are also not allowed to take any food and drink with you. Pets are not permitted to be taken up, however service animals such as guide dogs are allowed.